Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ahhhh I'm melllllting

I'll admit it, pinterest has the most fabulous ideas for fun baking adventures.
I saw these cookies on pinterest and decided to try my hand at making my own little spin on them; and I think they turned out rather fabulous.
Behold my melted snowman snickerdoodle cookies.
Pinterest recommended store bought sugar cookie recipes but I don't make anything out of a box and I really wanted some snickerdoodles so I decided to try, and they turned out just as well.
We'll see if they make it all the way over to Chris and if he agrees with cuteness factor.

Basically after I let the cookies cool off I iced them, not very pretty since it's supposed to look like they are melting.
Then I used jumbo marshmallows and sprayed a plated with cooking spray and microwave the marshmallows for 30 seconds.  Just long enough for them to start to puff but not double in size.  When I took them out, I sprayed my fingers with cooking spray before taking the marshmallows off of the plate.
Then I place them on top of the icing and pushed down so they look a little flattened, as if they are melting.
Next, I just decorated as I wished.
**Please ignore the piping arm...I stuck my thumb in it right before I took the picture so I messed up his arm.
But here's a picture of the snowman, grinch and reindeer all together :)


No comments:

Post a Comment