Thursday, November 24, 2011

Cupcake Pops

Cupcake Pops
I have these super adorable snowman cupcake MOLDS that I got last year.
They are in STORAGE. Kind of like everything else I own. haha.
So i went off I went on the hunt for some other cute Christmas themed, cupcake MOLDS.
Which I could not find. ANYWHERE.
Instead, all I could find were cupcake pop molds.
So, I gave up my dream of making my adorable snowpeople cupcakes again this year.
And I relented to making cupcake pops.
After much pouting, I have to admit.
Because those darn snowpeople were so cute!

Anyways, this is the mold I used.
It's a wilton mold; I'm a fan of Wilton products.


So, you have to be careful when filling up the cavities because if you fill them up too much, they get way too puffy and they don't deflat.
Also, you have to make sure that the lollipop stick is completly covered because if it isn't covered all the way, when it done baking the cupcake will swivel around on the stick.



As you can tell, I went out and bought new icing bags and new decorating tips so these are much prettier than my pathetic attempt at thanksgiving cookies :)
I also got a new box of Wilton icing colors, which makes decorating so much easier.
Anyways, I baked red velvet cupcakes, which I have posted the recipe on my blog in the past.
I have found that when you are doing decorating such as I did in the above picture, buttercream icing is the easiest to work with.
I like the Wilton Buttercream Icing Recipe.
It's a stiffer icing which makes decorating easier.
I've also found that when I'm decorating, to get the icing to appear perfectly even and smooth I dip my knife in a bowl of warm water and then the icing that works the best.
A little tip that my mom taught me :)

Wilton Buttercream Icing
Ingredients:
*1/2 cup shortening
*1/2 cup softened butter
*1 teaspoon vanilla
* 4 cups confectioner's sugar
*2 tablespoons milk

Directions:
*In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer.
*Add vanilla.
*Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
*Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
*Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.For all of you who are dying to see, here are the snowpeople from last year :)




No comments:

Post a Comment