Thursday, November 24, 2011

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas


A day off from work and I baked. ALL. DAY.
Ahhh. I just love to bake. and decorate. and make cute little things.
These were my first Christmas cookies of the season and I think they turned out fabulous.
It also helps that I have icing bags, tips and icing colors to make the decorating look a lot better.
Obviously, those are just a couple of them, but I adore them.
I used the Wilton Comfort Grip Cookie Cutters.
I also used a new sugar cookie recipe that turned out amazing.
They're soft, chewy and very tasteful.

Sugar Cookie Recipe
Ingredients
*1/2 cup butter
*1/2 cup shortening
*1 cup sugar
*1 egg
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1 teaspoon almond extract
*2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
*1/2 teaspoon baking powder
*1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
*In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
*Add egg and vanilla and almond; mix well.
*Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
*Shape into 1-in. balls.  Place on greased baking sheet; flatten with a glass. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.

**I only cooked mine for exactly 10 minutes and they came out perfectly.  Also, I added the almond extract to the recipe.  Feel free to take it out of the recipe but I think it adds great flavor to the cookies.  Another thing,  if you are going to use this recipe for cut out cookies, I would strongly suggest freezing the dough for out 20 minutes or so before you start to roll it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment