Monday, November 21, 2011

Halfway

EEEEEKKKKKK!!!
We've made it to the halfway(ish) mark of this deployment.
FINALLY.
I can only hope that these next three months go by quicker than these past three months did
because...
I want my husband back.
I want him here in Florida with me.
I want to do so many things with him.
But mostly because I miss the heck out of him, day in and day out.
Especially with the holidays right around the corner.
Especially since I've moved here.
Deployments were a little easier for me when I was back in Virginia, surrounded by my friends.
This deployment has been so hard.
Maybe it's because we are newlyweds and there are so many things we should be doing.
Being separated by war is not what I had in mind during the first year of our marriage.
But hey, when life hands you lemons, you make lemonade.
And that's what we've done.
We've made the best of a icky situation and remained strong.
But at the end of the day, when I lay down, all I really want is my husband laying next to me.
So, I cross my fingers that these next few months fly by quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment