Monday, November 14, 2011

Football Cookies

Chris is a HUGE football fan.
One of his favorite things to do on Thanksgiving is watch football...just like 95% of males.
So since he can't be here to watch this thanksgiving I figured I'd send him these...

Again, pardon my piping; all my tips and icing bags are still in storage so i was working by hand and with toothpicks!
 To make these I made a simple chocolate cookie.
I wanted to make a whoopie like cookie but I was afraid too much icing, and it being too hot would equal a disaster.  Meaning, it might go bad by the time it actually got to him, so I'll save those for when he actually gets home.


Ingredients:
*1 cup of all-purpose flour
*1/4 cup of cocoa powder
*1/2 tsp of baking powder
*1/2 tsp of baking soda
*1 dash of salt
*1 cup of sugar
*1 beaten egg
*1 tsp of vanilla extract
*5 Tbsp of melted butter
*1/2 cup of melted chocolate semi-sweet morsels

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
2. Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
3. Mix the sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and the beaten egg until creamy
4. Mix in creamy mixture from step 4 into the melted semi-sweet chocolate morsels
5. Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients little by little
6. Form into 1 inch round balls and place on a cookie sheet evenly spread apart
7. Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until done.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment