Monday, November 14, 2011

Turkey Cookies

I wanted to send Chris a little taste of Thanksgiving while he's overseas, and since I can't very well send him a turkey and all the fixings that make for a turkey day dinner.
So after a little research (aka pinterest) I found a cookie that looked like these.
After making a few alterations of my own to make them last a little longer and send better, this is what I got.
Not my best work, since my icing bag and tips are in storage but they'll do. :)

Basically I started with a sugar cookie recipe from scratch...
Ingrediants
*1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
*1 cup butter or margarine, softened
*1 egg
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*1/2 tsp almond extract
*2 1/2 cups flour
*1 tsp baking soda
*1 tsp cream of tartar
Directions
*Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
* Add egg, vanill and almond extrat and beat until well mixed
* Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar
* Roll into circular 1/2 balls
* Place in a preheated 375 oven and bake for 7 to 8 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment