Saturday, November 26, 2011

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch

I have found a new favorite cookie of this holiday season.
Behold my masterpiece...

Ahhhhh! Isn't it the best Christmas cookie ever?
Ok so it's not your usual holiday cookie, but i LOVE it!
I think it came out adorable.
And so grinch-like.
So basically I used a sugar cookie recipe and then the wilton comfort grip cookie cutter mold in the SANTA shape.
Next, I made a batch of wilton buttercream icing which I used for the coloring.
I used the kelly green icing dye color for the bottom half of the grinch and the the no taste red dye for the top half.
Next, I piped the furry part of his hat with a star tip.
I used the golden yellow colored dye for his eyes, which I kind of made into upward,slanted shape to give them that evil eye look.
Finally, I piped the lining of his face with a small circular tip.  I made the lines of his face based on a picture I was looking at and then just went from there.
I have to say,  for my first time making any type of character, I think I did a pretty decent job.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment