Thursday, August 4, 2011

Running, Running, Running

For those of you who know me, you know that I love to work out.  Always have, always will. I tend to work out around 5 days a week.  I used to be a competitive gymnast and once I had to quit due to a back injury I started working out and haven't stopped, just because I was so used to be so active all the time.  I wasn't one of those people who started working out once I gained the freshman 15 or once I got engaged joined a gym, or once I got married decided now's the time I need to start working out so I can have a great "before baby boday". Not saying that there is anything wrong with people who join a gym for any of those reasons, because by no means is there, in fact more power to them for getting motivated!! I'm just simply saying, I've never been one of those people who was only working out because of one reason, I've always been someone who liked being active and staying in shape and I probably will always be someone who enjoys working out.  I'm not someone who has to force myself to go to the gym or dreads to go, I actually enjoy going.  I started working out my senior year in high school and just really liked it and have pretty consistently worked out since then.  I love the time I have to myself, either before the workday begins or after my day is over.  I love the chance to get out all my frustrations with people and life in a normal, healthy way.  I love that it's an  hour and a half alone to just focus on myself. More importantly, I love the way it makes me feel. I love being in shape and feeling good about my body (most days anyways! :) )  I love my spin classes; they are an amazing workout and I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs a change in their workout.  I also really love kickboxing and my strength training classes.  But, I do tend to eat whatever I want and I do consume an awful lot of candy, so maybe it's a good thing that I love to work out so much. 

In the past year or so, I have taken up running more than I used to.  I've always had to run before gymnastics practices but lately I've found that I've come to enjoy it more than I used to.  I'm  not really sure why, but whatever it is, I don't really mind :) I've been able to go longer distances without having soreness but I love the feeling of getting a great cardio workout it.  Plus I love being able to get in a workout outside while the weather is still nice.  I'm really hoping run the Marine Corps 10K on October 30th this year and eventually work my way up to a marathon next year, but we'll see. 

Yesterday I was able to do 45 mintues on the treadmill; hills all around the world, speed 6.2, level 5 and I did 4.65 miles. Not too shabby for 5am :)

3 comments:

  1. WEll lets be honest here! You have never had to have motivation or a neeeeeed to work out because youre super skinny so us heaftier chicks need to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wellllll for starters you are FAR from a heftier chick so I dunno what you are talking about! Too bad you can't see what everyone else see when they look at you!! hahah we all know if i didn't work out i would be a fatty mcfatterson with all the junk food and candy i eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm i hardly believe that's possible. I dont think you have an inch of fat on you

    ReplyDelete