Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Cheesiest Mac and Cheese Ever

Chris and I have been together for 4 years and some odd months.  I have been trying and trying different mac and cheese recipes and he keeps shooting them down because they're "not my grandmas." I'm talking a million different recipes.  Ok, well not a million but you get my drift.  This weekend, I found a winner.  Of course right after he said it was was delicious and he really liked it, he tapped on a "but it's not grandma's" at the end of the sentence.  But hey, I'll take what I can get :)

 Ingredients:
* 1 box elbow macaroni
* 2 eggs
* 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
* 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), melted
* 2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese, divided
* 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided

Directions:

1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, mustard, salt, pepper until everything is combined.
3. Stir in the melted Velveeta cheese as well as 1 1/2 cups of each type of Cheddar cheese.
4. Drain the macaroni and stir it into the cheese mixture.  Stir well until all the cheese has melted and the sauce covers the macaroni.
5. Pour the macaroni into a greased baking dish.
6. Top with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
7. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and the edges are bubbly.
8. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes and then serve.

2 comments:

  1. Haha Boys are so silly. I didn't think it was possible to go wrong with mac&cheese but I'm glad you found a winning recipe. Easily my fave food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete