Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Friends of Helpless Animals

I had orignally put in an application to be a volunteer with the Loudoun County Animal Shelter and I was accepted.  But then a couple people told me that that specific shelter was not a no kill shelter, so I had to find out.  So I emailed the lady who had accepted my application and sure enough they do put animals down after they are there for a certain amount of time.  Well upon hearing this, I quickly told the lady that I would have to take back my application and that I did not feel comfortable volunteering at a shelter where they don't give every animal a chance at life; as long as it may take.  Many of you know, I have an EXTREMELY soft spot for all animals and if I had still volunteered there I would have ended up with a house filled with animals and as much as I would love to take every single animal home with me and love on them, I know that is just not fair to them.  I can't stand the thought of an animal being put down just because they weren't adopted in a certain amount of time, that  just don't really seem like it's giving them a fair shot at a second chance to know what it's like to have a loving family. So anyways, the past couple weeks I've been researching shelters that are close to my home, no kill and need volunteers and I've finally found one.  It's call Friends of Helpless Animals and I can't wait to start volunteering there.  A lot of the animals in this shelter have been pulled from "death row" at other sheters, other have been saved from an abusive situation.

I've included the link for the website in case you would like to take a look :)
http://www.foha.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment