Monday, August 22, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

Gahhhh my mom has officially left Leesburg. 
She has officially packed up the little yellow house and headed south.
She has officially left town.
And I'm officially sad.
I love my mom. She's like my best friend. I can talk to her about anything. Anytime I need her, I  know she'll be there.
Now, while she's been living in Brooklyn for the past year and a half she's never officially packed up her home in Leesburg so it never felt like she was actually gone.
Until I had to say my goodbyes to her yesterday morning.
Until the house was empty of all of her belonging.
No people, I'm not being dramatic. 
New York is a short car ride away.
Florida is most definitely not a short car ride away.
Florida is not even a cheap plane ticket away.
I don't like not knowing when I'm going to see my mom next.
All the more reason I can't wait until we can move down to Florida.
It doesn't help that Chris is leaving me in about a week either.
I'm a bundle of emotions.



1 comment:

  1. I know, it's hard! I had the roughest time moving across the country not knowing when I would see my mom and dad again!! And after the whole wedding who KNOWS when I can make it home again..it's heartbreaking. :( But moms have a way of making you feel as if they are still there with you.. Soon enough you will be making your way back towards the most important woman in your life (aside from your sister) :) Love you Becky! Hang in there!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete