Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Weighted Hula Hoop

The weighted hula hoop.  One of my favorite quick and easy workouts. It's exactly how the name describes it as, a hula hoop that weighs five pounds. I normally hula hoop for 20 minutes a day on the days that I've worked out and the days I've taken a break from the gym, I go for 30 minutes.  30 minutes of hula hooping can burn up to 200 calories so it's a great workout! Not only does it burn a decent amount of calories, but it provides an awesome ab and core workout. Since you are combining a strengthening exercise with aerobic activity, you will see results sooner.  Another benefit that hula hoop provides is balance; strengthening your ab muscles will provide you with better balance and coordination.  And who doesn't want better balance?! 
My trusted Hula Hoop :)




This is the link to the website I bought my hula hoop from.
http://www.sports-hoop.com

In addition, there are a TON of other exercises out there that you can do with a hula hoop! A youtube search will pull up hundreds of videos! It's a great workout for a low price! Definitely the best $20 I've spent! I love my little hula hoop! :)
Have a wonderful Thursday!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment