Monday, March 21, 2011

Frumpy Monday

This Saturday my stepsister got married in New Jersey on Saturday morning.  Her venue was a hotel that was located on the beach and they got married in front of the window that overlooked the ocean. It was a very pretty and nice wedding; she looked like a beautiful bride.  And a very happy one at that! It was a fun wedding, a true celebration of love!


Yesterday Chris and I spent the day just hanging out and relaxing. I caught up on my DVR and cleaned up the house while he watched March Madness.  I tried a new recipe for Mac and Cheese and it was pretty tasty :) Chris liked it as well, not as much as he likes his grandmother but at least he said it was good!  Here's the recipe...
Ingredients: 
* 1 box mararoni (I used rigatoni)
*3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
*1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
*3 cups milk
*1/4 cup butter
*2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
*Breadcrumbs
*Paprika

Directions:
*Cook the pasta and drain.  Place the pasta in a casserole dish
*In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux.
*Add the milk slowly to the roux, stirring constantly.
*Add the cheese and cook over low heat until all the cheese is melted and the sauce thickens.
*Pour over the pasta and mix well. (the sauce might be a little runny, it was for me, but don't worry, it thickens up in the oven!)
*Top with breadcrumbs and paprika.  I also added a little cheese on top to make it even more cheesy! :)
*Cook for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.

This was delicious! I made it with chicken and broccoli.  I think the mac and cheese would be even better if you had a little bacon or ham in the mix! 
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment