Friday, April 1, 2011

Mac Lover ♥

I love make up, to the point where some might even call it obsessive.  Especially eye makeup. Just love it. Can't get enough of it.  When I go to the mall, I purposefully have to avoid the makeup counters at Nordstrom's or else I end up spending a ton of money.  I especially love Mac makeup.  For three reasons- 1.) the colors are awesome, any color you could ever want they had it. 2.) it stays on all day, it doesn't wear off like a lot of other makeups. 3.) The little pots of makeup last forever, they are definitely worth the money that you pay for them.  No need to replace them once a month. That's why it's my go to eye makeup.  And I do have just about every color that they have :) 
One on my favorite combination...
Ok so the color on the far left is call "Electra" and this is one of my favorite colors.  It's a nice silver powder that's good to use as a base for many color combination.  Definitely a must have. When using it with these other colors, I use it as a base, applying it all over my lid.
The middle color is called "Star Violet." I love this color, it's like a mix between pink and purple with a nice little shimmer to it, gives you just the right amount of color without being overpowering.  When using it with these colors, I apply it in just the crease of my lid. 
The color all the way to the right is called "Beauty Marked."  As you can see from the picture, it's like a deep, deep purplish color with just a hint of glitter mixed in it.  Nothing overpowering by any means, in fact the shimmer is barely even noticeable once it's applied. Once applied, this color comes out like a light black, very dark purple. It's very pretty.  I apply this just to the corners of my eyelids.  Then blend it in so it doesn't stand out too much, apply black eyeliner and mascara and walaaaa beautiful eyes :) 


The one thing with mac eye makeup (and almost all makeups) is that the extra powder tends to fall off the brush right underneath your eyes.  Now, instead of brushing it off with a makeup brush (because some of the colors can smear and leave ugly streaks on your face) I use the Estee Lauder Take it Away Make Up Remover.  Since it's a cream it's super easy to use. grab a q-tip,  place a little cream on it and run the q-tip over the extra make up that has fallen on your face and there you go, good as new!! This is another main reason I put on my eye make up fist! Don't want to mess up your foundation!


My little pumpkin face helping me get ready in her usual spot :)
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment