Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent

Ash Wednesday is upon us :) This year I've decided to not only give up candy but to also give up my one diet coke a week. ahhhh the struggles the next 40 days will hold for me is not looking very fun. I gave up candy for lent last year and it was quite the challenge.  For those of you who don't know me that well, you obviously don't know that I eat candy everyday all day.  It's a horrible habit and I'm not really quite sure how my teeth haven't rotted out of my head by now.  It must be all the brushing I do.  So this year I added a little challenge to the challenge...no diet coke.  My weakness. Now, I very rarely drink soda but when I do, I go straight for the diet coke.  There's nothing better than a cold diet coke. Ahhh goodbye for now diet coke and candy. My diet is officially closed off to you for the next long 40 days.  Although this is going to be a challenge, it might actually be good for me.  I'm trying to eat healthy, well balanced meals between now and my wedding.  So no candy means I'm a little bit closer to my attempt to eat well.  Now, all the junk food and sweets I eat, well that is a bad habit that I will probably never grow out of, but I am trying to control my urges.  So far, it's been going pretty well. But after the wedding, it's back to candy and sweet treats. But for now, the goal is to survive 40 whole days without any candy or diet coke. Day 1...almost down, only 39 more to go :) I can do this. 

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment