Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's back home

I went back to Virginia for New Year's.  It was much needed.  I love Florida. I love the warmth, the beach and sunshine but I miss my friends.  I miss the girls who have known me my entire life.  I miss the girls I went to college with and the girls who will be my "forever friends." I miss being able to call them up and go hang out with them at the drop of a hat.  I'm thankful that I was able to fly home for the weekend and be able to ring in the new year with some of my girls because as much as I try, the holidays have been hard for me.  


Lucky for my, I have one of the most wonderful best friends in the world.  Heather.  She dropped everything to hang out with me from literally the time I landed until the time I left.  I can not even begin to describe how much that meant to me.  Although, she knows.  She also knows I would do the exact same thing for her.  I also know that she didn't do that because she felt obligated to do so, she did it because she wanted to do it.  She wanted to hang out with me as much as possible.  We are so used to being inseperable that it's definitely weird for us being states apart, but it hasn't affected our friendship in the least.    I'm also extremely glad to all my other girlfriends who dropped what they were doing on new years eve day to come out to lunch with me.  I don't get to see you ladies often enough, so any little time together is treasured time for me.  


My time home was precious and short.  It left me feeling a little homesick for my friends and family.  It left me feeling very anxious for my next trip home, mostly because I'll be there for over a week and because Chris will be with me. But it  also reminded me how glad I am  that we made the decision to move to Florida. I will always miss being able to see my friends at the drop of the hat, but that trip home just reminded me that no matter the distance, true friendships will always pick up right where they left off, like no time has passed.  My trip home was a reminder to me that we have all flourished into adulthood and we are all extremely successful and have so much to be proud of, especially at how well we have maintained our friendships over the years, miles and trials.  

No comments:

Post a Comment