Thursday, January 26, 2012

"It's You and Chris Against the World"

Tonight as I was driving home from, a little irked from a comment someone made to me,
something my mom said to me a couple days ago came to my mind:
"Life comes BEFORE work because in reality ten years most likely you probably won't be at the same job.  You'll be a mother to your children and won't give two thoughts to your old job. 
So take a day off if you need it.  Don't obsess about it. "
And she's 100% right, life does come work. 
Love comes work.
My husband comes work.
Because at the end of every day,
it's Chris and I against the world. 
Our relationship is what matters.

So, if I need to take a day off of work to do things for us. 
Then that's what I need to do.
If I need to take a couple weeks off of work to pick up my husband when he arrives home from war, than that's what I need to do.
And I refuse to feel guilty about it anymore.
I know that I am a young professional.
I have been working in a professional setting for over 5 years. 
I know when it comes to work, I am very professional. 

But in the end, 
It's always going to be about Chris and I. 
It's always going to be about what's best for us and our future family.
I have to do what's best for us and our life together. 
Some people may not be at that stage in their life where "life" comes before work, and that's fine.
I get it.
I was there once too.
But now I'm at the stage in my life where my life, husband and future family comes first. 
I don't expect people to understand where I'm coming from either. 
But, I at least deserve the respect of my choices.
That it's always going to be about Chris and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment