Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ohhhh Sigh

My husband has this way of wrapping his arms around me that makes the whole world go away.
It's a kind of hug where i can bury my head into his chest and get a good whiff of his cologne.
He can just rest his head on the top on mine until I feel like seeing the world again.
It always makes me feel better.
Maybe it's because he's so big and buff.
Maybe it's because I feel safe in his arms.
Maybe it's because it's his job as my husband to make all my problems go away with the simple gesture of a hug.
Whatever it is, it works.
I could have used one of those wonderful hugs today when I about had a nervous breakdown.
Literally.
We're at the point where we are getting so close that we can almost feel him home but yet it still feel so far away.
I've done good this deployment.
No major breakdowns or complete meltdowns.
But today, people just pushed the wrong buttons. 
And all I really needed was him here to give me a hug and solve the problem like he does so well.
But he wasn't.
So, I had to put on my big girl panties and solve it myself. 
We're almost there.
Yet we are so far away.
Weeks feel like forever without him here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment