Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Scrapbook

I love to scrapbook, it's a hobby I have that most people would not expect me to have because it is something that is crafty.  But I love doing it, even though it is time consuming, I love the end result of it! I've made a couple scrapbooks for friends and given them to them as gifts because I think they are so personal and something they can keep for a lifetime and always look back on the memories we made. I just finished mine and Chris' "engagement"scrapbook (I did a dating one as well) and I thought I would share the end result with you all.  I'm not as pleased with it as I was with our dating one but I do love it. 
 The Cover
Page 1
 
The quote on these two pages reads "Once in awhile right in the middle on an ordinary life, love gives you a fairy tale."  The first page is dated November 23, 2010 because that was when Chris returned home from his last deployment and the second page the pictures were taken a couple days later; we were trying to get a decent Christmas card picture.
These pictures were taken during a couple outings to DC shortly after Chris had returned home
These pictures were taken a weekend we went up to New York. Even though it was freezing we had an amazing time.  We saw the Rockettes, which was an absolutely fantastic show, even Chris enjoyed himself! That was definitely a spur of the moment show and I'm so glad we were able to do it! We also bought our wedding rings in the diamond district, took a carriage ride through Central Park and pretty much wandered around the city all weekend and had a great time eating some pretty terrific food along the way :)
A couple of our engagement photos :)
Back to NYC for New Year's 2010! We went to see Lion King on Broadway for my mom's birthday the night before New Year's Eve and it was AMAZINGGGG!! I would highly recommend going to see it if you are in the city and have the time.  It is absolutely unbelievable! The characters voices sound just like the movie and it is so captivating, Chris who wasn't really looking forward to it loved it! We walked over the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset, which was beautiful.  It was a long walk, but so worth it, the view of the city is so breathtaking.  We went on a booze cruise with my sister, her boyfriend and parents for New Year's Eve which was a lot of fun, cold but fun.  We even got to see fireworks over the city at midnight which was definitely an experience.  It was definitely a fun filled weekend.
 My mom surprised us both and put our engagement in the local paper :) It's a simple page but that's all that's needed with something so special.  I'm really glad she did something so thoughtful for us and that we'll be able to show our kids in the years to come.
A couple of pictures from our fabulous engagement party. What a wonderful night that was,  we seriously have the most amazing people in our lives who are truly so happy for us and that night was such a blessing for the both of us, we had such a great time with all our friends and family.
 A select few pictures from my wonderful bridal shower that my awesome bridesmaids threw me.  A day that I will honestly never forget.  I have never felt so much love and happiness in one place, it was such a special day for me.
A rare opportunity that Chris left on his uniform to drive home and Fred had his camera handy when I got home so of course I drug Chris outside to take a couple pictures, clearly you can tell how happy his is about it :)
The quote reads " Love doesn't make the world go round. Love makes the ride worthwhile." Just some random pictures of Chris and I from throughout the year.  Clearly, I have an obsession with green screens and Chris "tolerates" my obsession.
Ahhhh, the night before the next chapter in our lives begins and what a fun night it was!!

Well, that's it! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it!
xoxox!

No comments:

Post a Comment