Thursday, July 28, 2011

Friends:)

Every once in awhile you have a friend that walks into your life that you just click with and you both seem to know that this friendship is going to last for a long time.  I'm thankful to have found a friend like that.  Well, I shouldn't say, found, because both of these girls are my sorority sisters, and we went our separate ways after graduation and somehow fate brought us back into each other's lives at just the right time and I couldn't be more thankful for them. One of the girls I wasn't close with at all, I knew her in passing and that was about it.  The other girl I was very close with, we were even room mates.  But jealousy and hatred on another "friend" part drove her to move out and us to loose contact and for us to go our separate way.  Well fate worked it's magic and brought her back into my life and I could not be more grateful about that small little miracle.  She is truly a little glimmer of happiness in every day. She finds the good in everything and always has something happy to say.  She reminds me a little bit of myself, she is truly a little ray of sunshine.  A good soul, a good person, I couldn't ask for a better friend.  She is one of those people who when something good happens to me, I know that in her heart she is truly happy for me, and that right there is what being a friend is all about.  I am truly happy to have her back in my life.

My other friend; it started with a simple facebook post on my facebook status about girl scout girl scout cookies and from there on out we stalked each other about our weddings.  The first time we hung out, it seemed like we had been friends for a lifetime, we had more in common than I could have imagined and we talk with the ease of friends who have known each other for years.  It is nice to have a friend who is in the exact same stage in her life as I am in mine, it is nice to have a friend who is so easy to talk to and to have so much in common with, it is nice to know that although we haven't been friends for that long, that this will be a friendship that will last years.

I am truly blessed and thankful to have so many wonderful and amazing friends in my life.  I know that not many people are as lucky as I am and there is not a day that does not go by that I do not thank my lucky stars for all that I have.  Even those friends that I may not be as close with as I once was, I hope they know that I will always be here for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment