Monday, July 25, 2011

My Ring

I love my engagement ring.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  To this day, I still get compliments on it all the time.  Chris actually went to the jewelers and picked this out by himself.  He had no help from anyone.  You can't tell from the picture, but it has a lot of detail and is just a fabulous ring overall. I still catch myself just staring at it. The only problem was the size, when he tried to purchase it in my size (4) the saleswomen kept telling him she didn't think I was a a 4 because that's so tiny and that it's easier to go down sizes and not up.  Well Chris ended up getting so frustrated that he just bought it in the size she recommend (7) and called it a day.  For those of you who can't do the math, 3 ring sizes is a HUGE difference.  So big that when he proposed, I couldn't even wear the ring because it just fell right off.  Keep in mind that we were on vacation in Florida, so it just sat in it's pretty little box, and I just stared at it, anxiously waiting to get home just so we could get it sized so I could wear it.  Well we finally get home and I just took it over to Jared's because they do 4 hour sizing and they did it for free for us, the only problem was they couldn't go all the way down to a 4 because of the side diamonds.   Plus, going all the way from a 7 to a 4 is too drastic of a change for the diamonds, it creates too much of a pressure change and the prongs become to loose which will cause the side diamonds to fall out.  So they went as small as they could and put a couple size balls in the band and it worked I suppose.

Fast forward a couple weeks, Chris leaves for deployment and low and behold, the side diamonds start to fall out; just like the jeweler warned us would happen.  Well, I can't call Kay's corporate headquarters until Chris returns so for the next six months I'm in Jared's at least once  a month getting a new side diamond replaced and slowly getting a little more irritated each time.  Well he comes home and things get hectic with the wedding and trying to get last minute planning done.  So shortly after out honeymoon, I call up the headquarters and get in a battle with one man who is refusing to do his job and help us out (Chris did purchase the lifetime warranty so this should be no problem).  So after calling a million times, I finally speak to a women who tells me that it will not be a problem for them to specially make me the exact same ring in my correct size.  So, two months later, it has finally arrived and it fits perfect and it looks wonderful.  :) It was worth all the hassle to get a ring that isn't sliding all over my finger and I'm not hitting against everything!

2 comments: