Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July!

This year for July 4th, Chris and I finally were able to make it down to my aunt and uncle's annual July 4th party! It was so much fun, we had a great time! The weather was perfect and it was a nice and relaxing vacation! Well, relaxing might not be the best word to describe the trip but it was a great family weekend trip. Sad to see it end, looking forward to it next year already!
My sister and I hanging out in the pool, early in the day before the volleyball games and drinking started, before it started getting craaaazy!

Clearly thrilled to be taking more pictures :)
Family shot :)
Cousins :)


This year, they started an annual competetion for the best IPOD playlist, everyone got an hour and half to play their playlist and katie won by a landslide, here she is accepting her award and ITUNES gift card, which we all know she can clearly use.

And of course it won't be fourth of July without some fireworks so t he Schmaltz boys set off some of their own fireworks which were pretty amazing if i do say so myself!

All in all it was an amazing weekend filled with lots of laughter, dancing, food and family.  A much needed family weekend for Chris and I. And of course, a day to remember to America's hero's, a day to remember why we are the land of the free, the home of the brave.  A day to take a quick minute to say a prayer for all the troops who put their lives of hold so we can go on with ours and enjoy all the freedoms that we do.  Obviously having a husband in the serivce makes me extremely proud of all our troops but also him and what he does on a daily basis.  Yes, it is hard and lonely for me when he is deployed but he makes me so proud that he is fighting for the good of our country, I can't help but love him just a little bit more.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment