Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wedding Season :)

Wedding Season is coming at me full force next year, two of my very best friends, Carrie and Heather are both  getting married in the spring/summer of next year.  Is it going to be a crazy, busy first half of the year? Yes. Is it going to be insanely exciting? Yes. Am I thrilled beyond belief for the both of them? Yes.  Am I truly honored to be a part of their special day? Yes. Yes. Yes. 

I have been friends with Carrie since we were about 7 or 8 years old; a long time. I know.  We have gone through one rough patch, quickly got over it, became closer than we were before and never talked about it again.  She is the type of friend I can call up in the middle of the night crying hysterically and she won't say anything until I talk.  She is the type of person who won't try to say "I understand" if she doesn't, she'll just say, I'm here for you if you need me and I'll listen you whenever you need to talk.  She's one of those friends who I may not talk to everyday  but each time we talk it's as if no time has passed since the last time we spoke.  She is truly a best friend and I'm so blessed to have had her in my life for as long as I have.  She has seen me on my worst days and she's seen me at my highest point, and she's loved me all the same, never once judging me.  I will appreciate that so much because it's so hard to find friends who love you know matter what you're going through and refuse to judge you.  We've watched each other grow up, we've become mature adult women together and there is no doubt in my mind if we've made it this far, our kids will be best friends as well.  I'm so incredibly thrilled for her and Andy to finally be tying the knot, I know her wedding will be sad in parts but I hope she knows that she has an angel shining down on her, extremely proud of who she has become and all that she has accomplished in her life so far.

Heather and I have been friends for about 8 years.  As soon as we met, in English, senior year of high school, there was an instant draw towards each other.  From that day forward, we got in trouble for talking to much in school, we were inseparable, we picked on Carrie nonstop (and she is extremely good natured about it), and we talk nonstop about pretty much nothing all day everyday.  She is one of my few friends who if I don't talk to everyday, I start to panic.  We have been inseparable since we first met and are constantly talking.  People often ask us what do you guys talk about ALL DAY.  Well the answer is simple, what DON'T we talk about?? I could not picture my life without Heather in it, she provides me with at least a couple good laughs each day and she is a little ray of sunshine.  She is a part of my family, we have grown into adults with each other one by our side.  We are 100% honest and open with each other.  Our children will be best friends.  I know that if I ever need anything she will drop whatever she is doing at the drop of a hat to come be with me, that's the type of person and friend that she is.  She's the type of friend who is loyal, true and will have your back if someone hurts your feelings.  She's one of the best friends anyone could ever have.  I couldn't be happier for her and Dan, I know that she has waited a long time for this time to come.  I hope that she enjoys her engagement to the fullest and plans the wedding of her dreams.  Following her heart and ignoring what everyone else tells her to do. 

I am so thrilled for  both of these girls and I can only hope to be half the bridesmaid that they were to me on my special day.  I am truly honored and excited to be standing beside you as you both marry the loves of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment