Thursday, June 23, 2011

La Dee Daaa

So Monday was my 26th birthday. It's official...I am on the downhill slope to 30. Ahhhh, actually it doesn't really bother me too much.  I have a wonderful life, good health and a good job.  I should be loving life not dreading the fact that I'm getting older each day.  I should be looking forward to all the adventures life is still going to throw at me; excited that I now have a husband to tackle them with me. I am truly blessed with everything that I have in life and I am so incredibly thankful.  I know that there are plenty of people out there who are less fortunate than I am so instead of being grumpy about being older, I am choosing to take it with a big smile.  Chris is gone for the week, in Georgia doing some  hazmat training so he wasn't able to celebrate my birthday with me but he did send me 30 beautiful roses to my office, which definitely put a huge smile on my face!

My girlfriends and I went out to dinner at Cheesecake that night which is easily one of my favorite places to eat. I mean, who doesn't love Cheesecake?!? They are all so wonderful and I am very grateful they could all take time out of their lives to celebrate my birthday with me.  I've learned a lot this past year, and most of it about friends.  I've come to realize that people aren't always who they pretend to be.  People you think are your friends will turn their back on you the second you say something that they disagree with.  People you think are your friends will turn your back on you the second that the going get rough.  True friends will be there for you through thick and thin.  True friends will fight it out with you, hug and makeup and the next day forget that anything ever happened.  I have a handful of that type of friends and I would much rather have a few of them than a bunch of fake friends.  These girls have been there for me when times got hard, they were there to celebrate the  happy times; and I know without any doubt they'll be there for me always. But that's what life is about, it's about finding out who you and finding out who your true friends are.  I believe that some people are only meant to be in our lives for certain times and they teach us valuable (often hard) life lessons that we'll carry with us through our life.  They teach how to treat people correctly and how to be a good friend.  So I'm grateful for all those people who walked out of my life when things got a little rough, because without you I wouldn't be who I am today, I wouldn't feel so blessed to have such an amazing circle of girlfriends.

I'll leave you with a picture of one of my favorite gifts...a little cupcake memo pad from my favorite sister :) She knows me so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment