Thursday, June 9, 2011

I just finished reading Chelsea Handler's book "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsa." Let me just say, I normally don't laugh out loud at things I read in a book but this one had me cracking up. And when I say cracking up, I mean laughing out loud at public places like the pool and the gym.  I decided to read if because she has a column in Cosmo every month which I find just as equally hilarious and thought it would be a nice, easy read with a little bit of comedy.  Well a little bit doesn't even begin to describe her book; I was literally laughing at every story she had to tell.  She's so openly honest that it's refreshing.  It's refreshing not to have someone who sensors everything that comes out of her mouth.  It's refreshing to have someone not care what the public thinks about her or her opinions.  It was a non fiction book and she did not sensor her thoughts or stories one bit and I absolutely loved it.  She is definitely someone I would like to read more of.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a light, summer read for the pool/beach this summer! But if you are sensitive to people who don't care what others think about them and have absolutely no sensor, I would stay far away from this book.  But if you're looking for a couple good laughs based on true life stories, this is the book for you.

Another little tidbit of information that I would like to share with you is a website that one of my sorority sisters made me aware of one day while I was complaining via facebook that it's a pain to try and change my name.  It's called Missnowmrs.com and it's a website that is obviously set up to make the name changing process a heck of a lot easier and quicker.  Fr $29.95 it walks you through the entire proces, filling out questions and then printing off each individual form with instructions on where to send it, how much the fee will be and what to bring with you.  I mean this website was so  incredibly helpful, I had no idea that I needed to change my name on some things.  And talk about making the process ten times easier! So for all my friends who are getting married sometime in the near future, I'm going to leave  you with the link for the website.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment