Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Weekends are in Full Bloom :)

Sweet Summertime is in full swing, and I couldn't be happier about it! This past weekend was a great weekend, mostly because I got to spend the entire weekend with Chris, which does not happen very often.  In fact, it's the only weekend I'll get to spend with him the entire month of June. With his deployment quickly approaching us, I have a need to spend all our free time together. Which is normal I suppose.  Anyways, Friday night we just relaxed and hung out while I made these awesome snickerdoodle cupcakes and butter cream vanilla icing(recipe to come shortly) for my friend Heather's cookout.

Saturday was the cookout. wahooo. Of course, Chris got called into work for a couple hours, so he dropped me off at Heather's house and he came around 8oclock.  Basically it was a great time. It was a prefect summer night and everyone got along, no drama.  Heather and I were in our own little world, which is typical. Making fun of people while they're talking to us but pretending to be really interested in their stories.  And, of course there was beer pong there.  I thought it would be a good idea to play with wine. it was not.  We giggled our way the games, acting like we could play when in reality we both are awful at the game. It was a fun night. It was our first outing with a group of friends as husband and wife :) It felt nice.



Sunday was a typical relaxing day. Went to the pool and got some sun.  I also began reading a new book called Sister: A Novel by Rosemund Lupton. Which was recommended to me by my aunt and it's so good! I'm not very far into it, but I couldn't put it down yesterday.  It was great! I also made a new chicken recipe for dinner that was amazing.  It turned out really good, it stayed tender and juicy, was really tasty and super easy to make.

Garlic Parmesan Chicken:
1/2 cup melted butter
1 clove garlic (i used minced garlic)
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
seasonings of your choice (I used season all, garlic salt, pepper and salt)
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs.

*Preheat oven to 375
*combined melted butter and garlic is a small bowl
*Combine dry ingredients in a larger mixing bowl
*Dip chicken in butter mixture
*Dredge chicken through the bread crumb mixture
*Repeat
*Place chicken in a pan (i sprayed my pan with pam to prevent sticking)
*Pour remaining butter and garlic mixture over top of the chicken
*Cook 20 minutes each side

I cooked this chicken with cheesy potatoes, (I believe that I posted the recipe in an earlier blog) and oven backed broccoli, which is super easy and very good.

Oven Baked Broccoli:
1 bag frozen broccoli, or fresh broccoli, whichever you prefer
*Place broccoli in a large mixing bowl. 
*Add olive oil and mix well
*Add bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese
*Season it to your liking (I added garlic powder, salt and season all)
*Place on a cookie sheet covered with foil (I always PAM mine just so it does not stick)
*Cook at 375 degrees for 25 mintues

Enjoy!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment