Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cinnamon Bread

I made some pretty delicious cinnamon bread on Sunday.  It was my first time making homemade break and I must say, it turned out pretty fabulous! It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, and it made our house smell so good! 

Ingredients

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar (I used 1 cup white, 1 cup brown sugar)
  • 1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups milk ( I used butter milk instead)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup applesauce (I used cinnamon applesauce)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
  • Directions

    1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease two 5x9 inch loaf pans.
    2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Sprinkle the bottoms of the loaf pans with cinnamon sugar, and divide the batter between the 2 pans.
    3. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. 
 Yes, I realize it's almost gone, but people got to it before I could snap a quick picture :) It's just as delicious as it looks!

1 comment: