Friday, April 15, 2011

Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes!

Last night I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes for Chris and I and it turned out really well! So, as usual I want to share the recipe with you all.  Now, the mashed potatoes are super simple because Chris hates sour cream and cream cheese (which tends to be in all mashed potato recipes) so I'm unable to use my super delicious mashed potato recipe anymore :( yes,  big sad face because everyone I've cooked them for LOVES them, but I'll share the recipe with you fine folks because you should definitely try making them one day and impress your friends/famiy! :) 

Mashed Potatos
4 large potatoes
1/4 cup warm milk
1/2 cup warm heavy cream
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons softened butter  

*Peel and cut the potatoes into cube pieces.
*Place potatoes in a sauce pan and cover with water (I add a little garlic powder to the water to give them some extra flavor)
*Let cook for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
*Drain out the water from the pot and mash the potatoes to your liking.
*Add the butter, milk and heavy cream and mix well. I like to add a little paprika for a little coloring.

Meatloaf
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup cooked rice
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 beaten egg
3/4 chopped onion
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon ketchup 

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
*In a large bowl combine ground beef, rice, bread crumbs, egg, onion, brown sugar and ketchup.  Mix well and place in a meatloaf pan.
*Cook for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spread about 1/2 cup of ketchup on top of meatloaf. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.

Enjoy!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment