Monday, October 10, 2011

The Big Move

I made it to Florida, cats in tow.
The drive down here was long but uneventful.
The cats were little angels, they were so good.
Peaceful little snuggle bunnies, they slept and purred the whole way down.
Now that I'm here, I feel so much more relaxed. The whole moving deal was incredibly stressful
Especially doing it without my husband.
But I'm here and it's sunny, warm and blue skies.
I love being able to wear shorts in October.
I love being able to go to the beach/pool when it's freezing cold back in Virginia.
Most of all, I can not wait for chris to come home so we can enjoy this new chapter in our lives together.

As hard as it was to leave my home, friends and family; I know that the friendships I've made will last a lifetime. 
Those are the friends that I am incredibly thankful for.
Those are the girls who will never truly understand how much I love them and how much they mean to me.
Those are the friends that I would do anything for.
Those are the friends where distance doesn't matter, they're the girls who the next time we see each other, we'll pick up right where we left off.
I've learned things from seeing my mom move around; and it's that best friendships will never end no matter how far the distance is bewteen you two.
The memories that I took with me from the little yellow house, will last a lifetime.
They are memories that I will forever keep close to my heart.
They are the memories that helped to shape me as I grew into the young women that I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment