Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One Month

One Month.
Since the last time I've seen, hugged or kissed my husband.
4 weeks. 30 days. 4 weekends. 20 workdays.
5 more months to go until I can jump in his arms.
Not a lifetime, I know. But long enough.
I miss him like crazy.
I can fill my days but there's always something missing.
The nights are the worst. They were our time to spend together, to catch up from the day and to just be together.
Although I'm grateful for deployments; they've brought us closer than I believe we ever would've been if we had never been through one; but boy are they hard.
I spend the days waiting for the email from him, just so I know he's safe and everything's ok.
It's tough knowing that he's in a dangerous location.
Its hard to worry about him day everyday.  It's even harder to not worry about him everyday.
Those phone calls when I'm least expecting it are the highlight of my day.
Even through our lack of communication, I can feel our love growing stronger each day.
I can feel our bond getting stronger as the days go by.
Even though I'm no fan of deployments, in the end, I'm grateful for everything they have taught Chris and I about our relationship.

Gosh, I just love my man in uniform so much 

No comments:

Post a Comment