Thursday, September 1, 2011

Deployment Days Begin Yet Again

It feels like Chris just got home from a deployment.
It feels like I just had those excited butterflies going to pick him up.  Like I was just jumping into his arms, welcoming him home.
And we're back to leaving again.
Saturday we had a great day planned out. 
We were going to spend the day at Baltimore; aquarium, dinner and YANKEES game with my sister, brother, and their significant other.
Hurricane Irene had other plans for us though.
Instead we had a hurricane party at our house and had a great time. Drinking, eating, and playing board games.

Of course Marshmellow had to play.
And by play, I mean attack every single piece on the board and attempt to run away with it.
Sunday evening we drove down to Norfolk and stayed the night in a hotel.


Snuggling up on Daddy, making sure he gets enough loving and kisses to last him for six months.
Abby was so sad her Daddy was leaving she wouldn't even come in the bedroom, she sat out in the hall and pouted.
It broke both our hearts.
They both looks so incredibly sad when we were packing up the car with his stuff, getting ready to go.
Animals know when something is going on.
And they knew.
And, boy were they sad.
They were still really sad when I came home.
Poor babies.

Monday we spent the day at Virginia Beach, enjoying our time together before we spend six months apart.
Again.
We played some putt putt. Walked the boardwalk. Walked the beach. Bought some taffy.
Did not stop by the Old Time Portrait Shop because Chris is lame and refused.
All things considered, it was a nice day together.
Very peaceful.

Kisses on the beach before we head back to base for his departure.

Attempted smiles.

Good bye was hard.
Definitely  harder than the last time he left.
And most definitely harder than the time he left before that.
Maybe it's because he's been back for such a short period of time.
Maybe its because we are still newlyweds.
Maybe it's because we are literally putting our life on hold for this deployment.
I'm not sure why, but this good bye was the hardest one yet.
Not that any of them have been easy by any means.
And I'm not complaining.
I choose this life.
I knew what I was getting into when I started dating Chris.
I'm proud of him.
I'm proud of what he does for this country.
But that doesn't make it less difficult on me or mean I worry less.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard whether you chose this life or not! It really bugs me when people say "well you signed up for this, you should have known it was coming. At least you are prepared for it"..whether I talk about future deployments, moving around, etc etc. As Matt says, I did not sign up for this. He did. HE'S the Marine, not me. I can't help who I fall in love with and I fell in love with him. And I am making do with what I can to BE with him. Like you. Yes, we know what's coming (for the most part) but it does NOT mean it's easy, it does NOT mean it's not stressful. I guess people really don't know until they KNOW. Hang in there girlie..you have been doing GREAT and we are all here to support you and Chris through this part of your journey together.
    You two are so in love it feels as if your whole relationship has been a honeymoon! (Can't complain about that, right?) ;) Love you honey. Snuggle the kitties, they're so cute!! Call me if you need ANYTHING :) xoxo
    ps. I'm very proud of Chris. You have yourself an honorable hero <3

    ReplyDelete