Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chik Fil-A 5K

So this morning at 630am, I drug myself out of bed.
I got myself dressed in my running clothes and out the door I went.
I headed to the Chik Fil- A 5k in support of Freedom Alliance.
Freedom Alliance is an eeducational and charitable foundation whose mission is to advance the American heritage of freedom by honoring and encouraging military service, defending the sovereignty of the United States and promoting a strong national defense.
These was only my second 5K ever and compared to one at Yankee Stadium,
this was a piece of cake.
My only complaint was that for about the first half mile-ish it was a little hard to get a good pace going because it was crowded.
Other than that, the course wasn't extremely tough and I felt good afterwards.
My sorority sister Leah and I ran it together, so it was good to have someone to run with and keep up a pace to.
I ran it in 31:02.
Pretty proud of myself considering I ran my last one in almost 35 minutes.
Woot Woot.
Go Meee :)
It was actually the perfect morning to be outside running.
It wasn't too hot or too cold.
The sun was shining, but not beating down on you.
It wasn't humid so you could breather.
Overall, a perfect way to start the day.

On a side note, take a look at this TERRIFYING 5k Leah and I found.
What could possibly be more terrifying than being chased by zombies while running a 5k filled with 12 obstacles?
I can't decide if this almost seems so scary it might be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment