Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chincoteague Island

This past weekend my sister, her best friend (second sister to me) and I decided to take a quick beach trip.
I'm sure glad we did.
While everyone else was dealing with awful weather at home, we were suffering with gorgeous beach weather.
I'm talking perfect beach days people.
We went to Chincoteague Island, and it was was absolutely gorgeous.
We left at about 7am Saturday morning and got there at about 10:30am.
We thought, no problem, plenty of beach parking. This is a pretty popular beach.
Welp, we were wrong.
The sign told us : Beach Parking Lot Full.
The Park Attendant (for those of you who have never been the beach is inside a natural wildlife park) told us the beach parking lot was full.
Oh, and that they only had 300 parking spaces.
The 3 of us exchanged bewildered glances, a beach this popular with such little parking made no sense.
We decided to go in anyways, I mean how full could a beach be at 10:30 anyways?
Apparently, extremely.
The line to get into the parking lot was insane.
So, being the rebels that we are, we parked our car on the side of the road and walked to the beach.
Can't be missing out on precious beach time.
We stopped and asked the police officer what time he would recommend getting there the next morning to avoid the craziness.

Enjoying the sun; laughing at the people patiently waiting in line to park their car in the parking lot.

Our snoozies, which we picked up after dinner in a little beach shop to keep our feet warm...super cool i know

Sunday, we got up nice and early. I'm talking 730 people.
Went and had a nice little breakfast that was delicious.
Got to the beach at about 830, beat out any parking lines.
Took a nice nap on the beach til about 10:30


Peaceful morning at the beach before all the crazy families get there.


Pretty Wild Horses :)

All in all, it was a great weekend, we had wonderful weather and a great time.
I loved the beach and can't wait to go back there with Chris.
It's such a cute little beach town.
No boardwalk, which I loved.
And tons of cute little beachshops, which is always a plus.
It was definitely nice to get away from everything for the weekend.
I think I needed it to clear my head and get my mind clear.
Plus, I heard from Chris which always makes things a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment