Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I wish I could save all the animals

There was a news story this morning about two boys pouring gasoline all over a puppy and setting it on fire.  That just put me in a very sad mood this morning and I've been unable to stop thinking about that poor little innocent puppy.  Animal cruelty holds a very soft (and large) spot in my heart and I feel for these animals that are abused on a daily basis.  I wish I had all the money in the world so that I could save every animal that is abused and give them the loving home that they deserve.  All these animals want to do is to be loved and to love you in return.  What is the purpose of hurting an innocent animal that wants nothing from you except a smile and a pat on the head.  If you aren't going to treat a pet the way that it deserves to be treated, than pass up the opportunity to adopt it and let someone who will love it adopt it.  I truly don't understand how people can be so cruel.  It breaks my heart especially since these pets don't have the ability to speak up.  How can you be so cruel to a living being that can not protest against what you are doing to it?  How can you purposely cause harm and pain to an innocent animal?  It truly boggles my mind and I wish there was something I could do to save all the abused animals or even raise awareness about animal cruelty.  you can spot an abused animal a mile away by the way the light has gone out of its eyes.  And that right there is just a horrible thing.  No pet should ever have the light go out of its eye, should never lose the ability to want to live, to want to be loved.

People say that I spoil my cats, and they're right, we do spoil them beyond the definition of "spoiling."  And that's how it should be.  Why shouldn't they have a right to a perfect little life?  Just because they're animals doesn't mean that they deserve any less than the best of what this world has to offer them.  The people that hurt these animals deserve way harsher punishments than they are being given.  They deserve to have a red S on there chest so that everyone knows what an awful excuse they are for a human being.  I normally tend to think that everyone deserves a second chance and that there is some good in all people; but not with animal abusers.  There can not possibly be any good in a person who gets pleasure out of harming a living being that does not have the voice or means to fight back.  The only thing they can do is crawl in a ball and take it. I have chosen to donate monthly to ASPCA and once the wedding is over I will be volunteering with my local animal shelter. It's not much but it's the most that I can do at this time in my life...and to love my pets unconditionally and treat them the way that they deserve to be treated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment