Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snow Day- Correction

Ok, first let me start by aplogizing for the way "Snow Day" might have came and if I offended anyone, I am very sorry.  It may have been the fact that Chris was told there is about a 50% chance they will deploy him to Afghanistan in September that had me on edge and it was just another week where we only saw each other 3 days.  Which is normal for us and usually doesn't bother me because I know there are people who are in worse situations but something just must have struck a cord with me.

So let me start of by clarifying...in no way was I trying to compare a deployment to people who have no idea what the military life is about because those people made the choose not to live the military life and I made the choice to be living a military life.  I was simply trying to say that there is a very big difference between missing your partner who is gone for months at a time with limited communication and missing someone who is going to be coming home at night or is only gone for a day or two.  There are different types of "missing" a partner and I definitely understand and acknowledge that.  I get very annoyed by people saying they miss their partner when they haven't seen him in a couple hours or one day. I wasn't saying you shouldn't miss your partner or you don't have a right to miss your partnerr, I was simply trying to say that you should think about how lucky you are that he's only gone for a night or two because there are so many people who are alone for extended periods of time with limited communication.  And there are even more people who are the significant others of police officers and fire fighters.  Which are extremely dangerous jobs that keep  America safe. Many of those wives and girlfriends spend countless nights alone, so no, I was not just referring to military wives, i was also referring to the significant others of these local heros who understand that they choose this lifestyle and all the ups and downs that go with it and the sacrifices that they make on a daily basis.  While some of us know "miss" on an entirely different level as others, most people are lucky enough to not know "miss" on such an extreme level and when your partner is gone for a night or just working a long day, just remember how lucky you are that he is coming home at night.

Again, I am thankful for the life that Chris and I have chosen for ourselves and I am not complaining about it by any means.  I am thankful that we have had to go through deployments because we are an emotional bond that is impossible for anyone who has not gone through a deployment to understand.  We realize that we need to cherish the time that we are able to spend together because we will never know what tomorrow will bring.  We know that fighting over small, meaningless things are a waste of time and we don't bother with them.  We realize that if we spend a night or two apart we are lucky because he isn't halfway around the world and we are able to talk on the phone as much as we want.  We are lucky enough to know that if our relationship is strong enough to survive a deployment than we can survive anything.

So, I hope that I did not offend to many people and this hopes to clarify what I was trying to say on the last blog.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment