Monday, February 7, 2011

Fried Mac and Cheese

This weekend was relatively uneventful. Chris had drill so I was home alone which was fine since I've been super sick since Friday.  And Chris came home yesterday sick as well. I had a dress fitting on Saturday which went really well! I got my shoes back and it was nice to see what the dress will look like with my pretty awesome wedding shoes :) It fits perfectly and i absolutely looove it! Now here's to hoping I stay the EXACT same size as I am now! Fingers crossed, although I'm not super worried about it. 

I attempted to make fried mac and cheese last night and it was pretty good.  I used Paul Deen's recipe for both the mac and cheese and the frying part.  But i personally (and Chris agreed) think I need to use a mac and cheese that is extra cheesy to make it even better.  Here is a recipe that I found online and I think I'm going to try this one next time.  Except when it's done baking I'll just stick it in the fridge overnight so it cools and gets a little bit harder so I can shape it. 
http://cookbooks.andrewsmcmeel.com/?p=4033 

After you take it out the following day, cut the mac and cheese into 1 inch squares.  Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in a pan until it reaches 350 degrees.  A bowl of flour, of bowl of 2 beaten eggs, and a bowl with breadcrumbs (i used Italian style).  Cover the mac and cheese with flour and then the eggs and then the breadcrumbs. Place in oil and let fry about one minute on each side (or until it's a golden brown color). 


and there you gooo :) some nice homemade mac and cheese :) Not as good as Cheesecake Factory's but it'll do for a quick appetizer at home!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment