Friday, February 25, 2011

Caramel Apple Cupcakes and Chicken Croissants

Wahoo we made it through another work week! This weekend we are going to do our cake tasting.  We are meeting my high school friend Heather in Richmond.  Heather now owns her own specialty cake business called Party Delights and she does amazing work! I'm pretty excited about having someone I know do our wedding cake and I'm even more excited to see what it looks like! Both Chris and I were supposed to go but unfortunately, Chris was just told he has to work all weekend so it looks like it will be just me going.  I'll drive down on Saturday afternoon, do the cake tasting and then I'll stay the night with my girlfriend, Carrie who I've known since the first grade.  Her and her fiance recently bought a house in Richmond and I've yet to see it.  Plus, this will give us plenty of time to gossip wedding talk :) I'll be sure to bring back pieces of the cake for Chris to taste! 

The weekend before Valentine's Day I ended up making the caramel apple cupcakes and they were absolutely delicious! They were a little time consuming to make but well worth it! Here is the recipe for this tasty little treats! I didn't make the caramel balls at the end, I simply made the caramel and then drizzled it over the icing for a little more flavor!
 http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_view/caramel_apple_cupcakes/ 

I made this chicken croissant dinner last night and not only was it super easy, but it was pretty tasty too! It's a nice, quick meal for during the week when everyone is getting home from work late and dinner is being rushed to get on the table.  So here is the recipe...
2 cans of chicken in a can( it sounds gross but it's good, usually with the tuna fish in the grocery store)
Fresh Broccoli
Fresh Peppers
Seasoning of your choice...I used garlic salt, Season All, Tarragon.
Ranch Dressing
Mayo
Shredded Cheese
Any other fresh veggies that you may want. 
Pour out the juices from the canned chicken and throw chicken in a large mixing bowl.
Add as much (or as little) Ranch Dressing and Mayo as you wish and mix together.  The chicken should start to shred as you are mixing it.
Add your fresh veggies and seasoning and mix well.
Cut the tops your croissants and stuff with the chicken mixture. Place the top back on the croissants.
Place on a baking sheet and put in an oven (350 degrees) for about 20-25 minutes, until they get hot and crispy. Super easy and super good!
Have a wonderful weekend party people!
xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment