Monday, May 7, 2012

One Year Of Marriage

One year ago from yesterday, I married the man of my dreams and my best friend.
It was a beautiful Friday, full of sunshine, family and friends.
I was relaxed and excited as could be, not a bone in my body questioning if walking down that isle was the right decision.
I knew it was.
I knew since the night I met Chris that he was the man I was meant to marry.

A year later, I feel the same way. 
Not a bone in my body questions if that decision to marry was the wrong decision.
I've married my best friend who as happens to be the love of my life.
Easily the best decision I've made to date.

This first year of marriage has been so amazing.
Yes, we've spent only four months of it together but we've grown closer and we've conquered new challenges.
Our emotional bond has strengthened us and brought us closer together.
The time that we spend apart has never hurt our relationship, it only brings us closer and that is a key to making our relationship survive. 
The time we get to spend together we cherish and we don't waste our time fighting over silly things.
We've learned to pick our battles and let the little things go.
Yes, we always knew that one but this year we really listened to it.  We argued when things count and let me tell you, that's not often.  It makes life so much easier just to let the little things go.
While we always tried to remember to  kiss goodnight and never go to bed angry, we really starting sticking to it. 
We've learned that life is short and we need to enjoy the time that we have together.
Yes, this is common sense, but things that happened this year really proved that point over and over to us and we truly took advantage of the time that we had together.

This year has been amazing.  
Truth be told, we're still in the honeymoon phase.
I hope it never ends.
I feel like I love him a little more everyday.
I feel like he loves me a little more everyday.
If this is what marriage is,  I can't wait to see what the rest of marriage has to offer us. 
I can't wait to see what the years ahead have in store for  us and more importantly, I can't wait to walk through those years hand in hand with my husband. 





1 comment: