Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back At It

It's official. 
I will be competing in the AAU women's division of gymnastics in January.
I am beyond excited to compete again.
It's been eight years since the last time I competed.
I was a competitive gymnast for 13 years.
This is what I do.
Me and one other coach are both competing in January.
We told most of our team girls and the parents last week and to say they were excited is an understatement.
We have started training three times a week after our girl's practice.
It's fun getting back into the swing of things but definitely rougher on my body than I remember.
hahah but I guess that's what happens when you get old.
The good thing about the women's division is that it isn't super serious so you compete what you do in mod op(which is basically just competing whatever skills you can on the events) or you can compete women's level 8.
Which is the goal that I'm going for.
I think I can do it, I have 7 months to get my skills and I still have most of them. 
So as long as I don't break any bones :)
So here's to having fun and winning some medals in the process! 

1 comment:

  1. good for you, Becky!! I think it's great!!! I'll be here cheerin' for you xo

    ReplyDelete