Monday, January 17, 2011

A couple of delicious recipes :)

Well I officially feel like Susie Homemaker as this holiday weekend draws to an end...and I gotta  be honest, I kind of love being a Susie Homemaker.  I've been cooking, baking, cleaning and snuggling with my man all weekend and it's something I could definitely get used to! Now, let me share a couple recipes that I (as well as Chris) absolutely love.

First on the menu Saturday night was pork chops with a ritz crackers breading.  I basically threw some things in a bowl and baked the pork chops and they turned out delicious.  So delicious in fact that Chris declared them his new favorite meal.
*2 cups crushed ritz crackers
*1 cup Parmesan cheese
*1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
*sprinkle of garlic powder
*sprinkle of onion salt
*1/2 cup melted butter
 -Combine all ingredients except butter
-dredge pork chops in butter
-Cover pork chops in breading and press the breading into the pork chops
-Cook Pork chops in oven at 425 degrees- 15 minutes on each side.
I served these with cream corn (made with cans of corn, one egg yolk, 1/4 cup milk and one cup of cheese. Combine all ingredients and put in a cold oven. turn on to 400 degrees, when oven reaches the temperature, take out and stir, cook for five more minutes) and a baked potato and it was a nice homey, meal.  Perfect for a Saturday evening of watching football.

Sunday night i made a simple, but very good meal.  fettuccine Alfredo, one of our favorite meals.  Unhealthy and fattening yes...but so very delicious.
*1 box pasta
*3/4 pint of heavy whipping cream (about 1 1/2 cup)
*dash of garlic salt
*3/4 Romano cheese
*1/2 Parmesan cheese
-Cook the pasta to al denta, drain.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter into the cream over low heat.
-Add the garlic salt and stir in the cheese over medium heat until melted and cheese thickens.
- Add the sauce to the pasta
This meal is so filling itself that i just made biscuits with it and we had a nice simple meal that left us very full and happy.

Tonight I made my ranch chicken with potatoes in a cheese sauce with green beans.
Again, with the chicken I just threw some things together and until I made those pork chops, this was Chris's favorite meal.
*1 cup breadcrumbs
*1/2 instant oatmeal flakes
*1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
*dash of garlic salt
*1 packet of ranch chip dip
-In a large bowl combine all ingredients
-In another bowl pour some ranch dressing into it.
- Coat the chicken in the ranch dressing and then coat with the breading. Press the breading into the chicken.
-Melt a tablespoon of butter in a baking dish. Place chicken in dish and sprinkle with cheese.
-Cook at 425 degrees for 35 minutes. Lower heat to 375 degree, flip chicken and cook 15 minutes.

For the potatoes
*sliced potatoes (or 2 cans of sliced potatoes)
*2 tablespoons butter
*2 tablespoons flour
*1 cup milk
*1 cup shredded cheese
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan
-Add flour and stir until combined
-Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until smooth
-Stir in the cheese, until melted and this will cause the sauce to thicken.
-Place the potatoes in a baking dish and then cover with the sauce. sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
-Cook at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.

Well this is just a taste of what I have been up to this weekend and I hope you get a chance to try out (and tweak to your liking) these wonderful recipes...i guarantee that your family will love them! :) I also tried out baking my first pie (apple) and while I don't like pie, my brother joey ate a slice and said it was pretty good, so I'm pretty proud of that fact.  I'll be sure to take pictures next time I attempt a pie.  I'm thinking I might try something a little harder...any suggestions?! 

Until next time my friends :)
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment