Thursday, January 13, 2011

A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirt, a golden thread in the meaning of life

The topic of today's blog is Katie Coviello. Partly because I hate her ( and if you know us, you know that means i love her), but mostly because she threatened that she wouldn't wait much longer for me to post a blog that is dedicated to her.  We all know that I'm terrified of her so I figured I'd better listen to her threat. Anyone who knows us knows that when we are together chances are you will be ignored. Chris has come to learn and accept this fact and our whole family has made it into a joke.  And that's the way we like it...we tend to evolve into our own little world when we are together and many people don't understand how we can be so close, but hey if you have a sister who is close in age to you than why wouldn't she be your best friend? I'm one of the few people who are lucky enough to be blessed with a sister I can not only get along with but love to hang out with and I am very thankful for that. She is an amazing person with a huge heart and anyone who meets her can't help but like her immediately.  So there you go Kate, I dedicated a blog to you and don't you dare take away my privilege to facebook stalk you anytime i want!:)
For those who know me, you know that I love to read.  Unfortunately with my work schedule the only time I seem to have to read these days are while I'm doing my cardio at the gym and those 5 minutes between getting in bed and passing out.   I was recently introduced to a new author (courtesy of Heather) whose name is Harlen Coben.  He is an amazing writer and I tend to recommend him to anyone who is looking for a new book to read.  I just started reading "One False Move" and it is fabulous.  He is the kind of writer where you literally can not put the book down until you finish it or you eyes are too heavy to keep open.  His novels are suspense/mystery and boy does he know how to keep you hooked.  Over the years I have tried a lot of different authors and no one can write like he does.  So if you are looking for a new book to read, I would highly recommend anything by Harlen Coben, you won't be disappointed. 

On another note, Chris has been staying on base all week so I haven't seen him since Sunday.  Although he was nice enough to leave me a bouquet of flowers before he left on Monday morning :)  And while I know that a couple days apart is nothing especially since we are able to call and text whenever we want I can't help but feel lonely when he isn't there.  It's not like we're always in the same room or anything, it's the coming home and being able to talk about our day or knowing that he's in the next room that makes it comforting to have him home.  But at least he's not gone for six months! But when he is gone the cats, ok well I lied...Marshmellow likes to be on her worst behavior.  And by worst I simply mean being extra crazy.  Last night for example she jumped on top of the fridge and was attacking something up there.  She seems to think that bedtime for me means playtime for her.  She has a habit of playing all night long and she doesn't just limit her playing to running around the house like manic while squeaking the entire time....she loves to jump around the bed with as many toys as she can pile on us.  While it's quite entertaining,  she is like a terrible two year old. Her favorite game is fetch...yes people, you read correctly, we have a cat that loves to play fetch.  She brings you a toy you throw it and she immediately brings it back and nudges your hand to pet her.  It's quite the sight!

Well people that's all I have for today....Enjoy your Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment