Friday, January 14, 2011

World Traveler

As I'm sitting here on this bleak, dreary winter morning I suddenly got a new top for a blog.  I'm young so I have plenty of years ahead of me to do some traveling.  Especially with Chris being in the military, we may have opportunities to see the world.  So I figured I'd better get my list together of the top places I would really like to go before I head up to heaven. So here you go :)
1.) Rome, Venice, Florence Italy
First off, for anyone who knows me knows that if I could eat nothing but pasta I would be a happy girl so of course I want to go to place that created Italian food.  But that is not the only reason.  I would love to take a little canoe ride down the Tiber River at sunset with Chris, corny yes but romantic none the less. I would love to see the Alps and all the other beautiful scenery that Italy has to offer. Not to mention all the history such as the Colosseum and the Vatican. There are so many reasons I am longing to visit Italy I can't even begin to go into detail.  Which is why Italy claims the number one spot not only on my wish list, but also Chris' military wish list. 


2. Fiji
My dream vacation spot. Hopefully one day we will be able to visit this beautiful island. Fiji is known for having some of the most spectacular underwater scenery and I would jump at the chance to be able to see that.  Fiji's wildlife population is mostly species that are only found in Fiji, and being the animal lover that I am,  I would love to take the opportunity to see new and rare species. not to mention their sand white beaches and crystal clear water just shout out TOTAL RELAXATION.  Maybe for our 10 year anniversary we'll be able to go here :)


3.) Turks and Caicos
Again, I'm a beach lover so of course some of the most exotic beached are on my list of top vacation spots! I really have no reason for wanting to visit here except that it's home of the best beach in the world and my parents have been there and raved about it. 


3.) Munich, Germany
Oktoberfest. While it doesn't seem like something I would normally want to do, I would like to go and experience this at least once.  Especially since everyone who has ever gone has said amazing things about it.  And while we're at it, I would like to stop in at the Hofbrauhaus Beer Hall, just to say that i've been to the most famous beer tavern in the world.  I would also like to visit the Gothic Church of our Lady which has amazing (so I've read) views of the Alps and Munich.  More importantly, i would love to visit  the Neuschwanstein Castle, which was the model for Cinderella Castle. 

4.)The Great Barrier Reef, Australia  

 These country has a little bit of everything...tropical rain forests and beaches. But the number one reason I want to visit Australia is because of the wildlife.  Australia is known for their diversity in wildlife and I would love to be able to see these animals that we don't have the chance to here in the U.S.  I would also like to see the famous Ayers Rock, which is a massive sand rock in central Australia. There is a lot of myth and history surrounding this rock.

5.) African Rainforest
 Again, for anyone who knows me this does not sound like something I would like to do, but it's a once in a lifetime chance so if we are so lucky to have that opportunity come to us, why pass up! Although I don't think it would be a "normal" vacation for us, I think it would be magical and the experience we would come out of with would be eye opening and something that we would never forget. 

These are only my top 5 places that I would love to visit, there are so many more on my list it would be impossible to list every place I long to visit. Hopefully we will be so lucky to have the chance to see a least some of the world!


Have a wonderful Friday :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok I'm gonna be honest:Germany has more cold and rainy days then 90 degree sunny days. So please consider. The food you will hate, believe me my dad cooks german food a lot and fett. alfredo isn't on the list. hahaha Rainforest? Umm did you forget from 5th grade that the rainforest has EVERY FREAKING BUG, SPIDER, SNAKE AND WILDLIFE LIVING IN IT? lol you might wanna reconsider that one too!

    Sorry bff, you might have best luck at # 2 and 3.

    auf wiedersehen!!!!

    ReplyDelete